Covid dCovid 19 Stateement
Covid-19 is a virus that has impacted us all in one way or another. After staying safe at home the tourism industry is opening up once more. The date given by the government is 4th July although this is of course subject to change. Any changes will be reflected in this statement at the time. We are venturing out into the world once more. It's scary - and we need to know that if we are booking a short break in the UK it's safe to do so.
Old Rose shepherd hut is in a unique position in that it is situated in its own grounds with no shared facilities. Owner Lynn is a retired NHS nurse and therefore used to implementing infection control. After each visit the shepherd hut will be deep cleaned and disinfected ready for the next guests.
To keep us all as safe as possible the following criteria will apply:
*If you have been in contact with someone who has covid-19 symptoms or you are experiencing symptoms yourself please do not come.
* Meet and greet will be within the bounds of social distancing.
* Hand gel will be left for you on the steps of the shepherd hut. Please use this each time you enter and leave the shepherd hut and take the remainder with you when you vacate.
* The owner will direct you up the path to the shepherd hut. The key will be on the inside of the door ready for your arrival.
* Step by step instructions for the wood burning hot tub will be left in the shepherd hut. The hot tub is disinfected between visits and refilled with fresh water. Chlorine tablets will be used whilst covid-19 is around.
* The owner is always available by telephone for further advice.
NB. Our village pub is providing an excellent take away menu.
Our village shop is providing food deliveries with advanced notice.